Author Topic: My Christian Journey  (Read 12 times)

Child of God

• View Profile
My Christian Journey
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:37:29 PM »
Today is a venting start to my diary.

The past two years have been a living hell for myself and my husband due a woman making trouble for us.  Her mother was a friend of ours and we took her to bible study and Christian events.  It started when we dropped off our friend who slipped, banged her head and was ut cold for a very short amount of time.  My husband rang for an ambulance which took about two hours to arrive and I went with her as she has learning difficulties.  He went off to get her daughter and arrived at the hospital soon after us. 

To cut a long story short our friend had had a bleed on the brain and this happened again in the following weeks.  Our friend did eventually have an operation to release the pressure on her brain and she was in hospital for eight weeks.  Her daughter came reliant on us getting her to the hospital every day which was exhausting and I felt emotionally blackmailed into this.   We were even taking her shopping.  It was a relief when our superintendent told my husband to step back so Rick arranged with a social worker to have hospital transport to get to the hospital. 

Child of God

• View Profile
Re: My Christian Journey
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 06:49:17 PM »
We went on a much needed holiday for a week which we we enjoyed.  The real problems started after we got home as the daughter told lies about my husband.  Two years on the church is still holding this against my husband even though they knew he was telling the truth right from the start.  The connexional team in London have decided my husband will better off attending another church within another circuit to get the support he needs.  We can't make any sense of it as my husband gets the support from the church we have been going to for the past 4 or 5 years.

It's making me miserable as I support my husband but I don't want to move my membership. 

On the other side of the coin I have been a steward of my church for a year.  A new DBS check had to be done as my last one was done through a youth community centre so wasn't allowed.  After Christmas (2017) I was told I needed another one as the office manager didn't fill the last one out properly.  Then I was told I didn't need a new DBS check done however I was asked to write a letter explaining why I have two driving offences and have all sides of of the DBS  check scan and sent off.  Now I have been told I can't be a steward but can put myself forward in the future.  I feel so hurt, insulted and offended.  My faith is helping me to get through this period.

The Hobbit

• View Profile
Re: My Christian Journey
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 08:06:39 PM »
Can't begin to understand what you're going through but I agree it isn't good.  Churches are going OTT with safeguarding but it doean't make it right.