Author Topic: Once an Addict by Barry Woodward  (Read 744 times)

coco pops

• View Profile
Once an Addict by Barry Woodward
« on: February 21, 2014, 12:05:33 PM »
I have read this book and it's one of the best I've read of a person finding Christ.  Reading his story is an  amazing story of how one man can live a terrible life by his own choice. He was an unlikely candidate yet his testimony is awesome.   

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Addict-Fascinating-Escape-Underworld/dp/1860246028

Barry Woodward grew up in Greater Manchester England. At the age of 16, he left school with no qualifications and was drawn into the drug scene experimenting with cannabis, amphetamine and LSD. This led to a heroin addiction and life as a drugs supplier. For twelve years, he was totally dependant on drugs during which he spent a number of terms in prison. Miraculously his life turned around completely following an amazing sequence of supernatural encounters...'...an outstanding example of God's grace and transforming power...' - David Shearman, AOG.

Philippa

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Once an Addict by Barry Woodward
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 12:10:25 PM »
I've read his book as well which was gripping I found it had to put the book down.  My husband and I also saw him at the church his mother used to go to as well.  He is great to listen as well as he is down to earth.  The time seemed to stop as he was good to listen so we were surprised how long he had been talking for.